– project documenting the relationship between virtual reality and our perceptions of self and society
– global audience to explore real-world locations remotely, and to interact with objects and people in those locations through real-time control of a human test subject
– available online on special events during the year
– Users will be able to see and hear what Public Avatar sees and hears via live video stream
– Public Avatar seeks to turn the virtual back into everyday reality, replacing polygons and pixels with a human being in a real-world location, albeit under computer control.