Archive for August, 2011
RMB City, 2008-11
Online virtual art community developed within Second Life and projected onto curved screen with customized 3-D mouse interface, Flash-based video game projected onto curved screen with custom body board interface, three single-channel videos
The Night Journey, 2010
– video game/art project based on the universal story of an individual mystic’s journey toward enlightenment
– The interactive design attempts to evoke in the player’s mind a sense of the archetypal journey of enlightenment through the “mechanics” of the game experience – i.e. the choices and actions of the player during the game
– The core mechanic in the game is the act of traveling and reflecting rather than reaching certain destinations – the trip along a path of enlightenment
Some more info:
– photographs of Beijing residents wearing role-playing costumes. The project revisits the theme of her 2004 COSplayers film, which captured Chinese youth acting out anime fantasies
Objects of Desire, 2008
– guide a Neo-Situationist’s walk through an invisible city of electromagnetic waves. The play-map constitutes of real names of Wireless Access Points, found during a “WIFI-Sniff” through the city of Gijon. Names of actual urban WIFI zones are tagged like street-names in the exhibition space while aether waves with the same subjective names are also superimposed on the arts space, as play ground.
– using game consoles, players are aiming to track tagged objects that wish to be moved home. The objects contain stories, desires and obsessions.
– This is a game art project for the android os mobile platform.
– an interrogation of industrial agricultural practices as well as a play on video game violence tropes.
– Tackling issues of ethics in factory industry foods, the project utilizes the video game medium as its platform for interrogation of the politics in food production, social justice, and environment.
-explore this artistic endeavor through reappropriation, subversion of popular culture and perceptions of food, and reflection in user activity. All encapsulated through a framework of experimental game design and the field of ludology
World Machine, 2010
-Its function is to transmutate the city streets to provide a suitable habitat for Ludean lifeforms. At its core are seven tags that appear in scenes that are at once familiar and alien; simultaneously read by humans and machines; augmenting and mutating urban space.