Archive for category Baden Pailthorpe
Other v2.0 – 2009
– video game portraits
– Lambda print on metallic paper, face mounted on glass and aluminum, 118 cm x 83 cm
– provoke a pre-reflective response from the viewer.
– political and social commentary demands from the spectator as a critique of the political and moral propaganda insidiously contained in these games, the hollow faces of his virtual casualties implore the viewer in a way that provokes the viewer to feel both pity and fear.
Untitled – 2o11
– Australian artist based in Paris
– his work exploits the elasticity and malleability of technologies such as video games, websites, photography and other media objects.
– Pailthorpe explores the cultural and political contexts that produce these ubiquitous technologies, teasing out hidden meanings and diverting intended uses