Archive for category Paul Davis
Hand modified hacked Super Mario Brothers cartridge video installation/animation. One in a series which reimagine the use of faux-cinematic “cutscenes” in video games.
– Artist & lecturer residing in London
– Pioneered the use of video game cartridges as an artistic medium and created the first hacked video game artworks
Super Abstract Brothers – hacked Super Mario Brothers. Characters and backgrounds were erased and replaced with abstract shapes/colours/patterns. An investigation of game aesthetics and human memory.
– Cory Arcangel: Computer programmer, web designer and digital media artist (in Brooklyn)
– Paul Davis: Musician and artist, collaborator, “uses computer game hacking to bridge the gap between computers and art”
– Both are part of BEIGE; a multimedia programming collective and record label
Nintendo installation 2001, 3 hacked mario cartridges which were reprogrammed to show images of hockey fights while playing a 3 channel sound work.