Archive for category Character Art
Other v2.0 – 2009
– video game portraits
– Lambda print on metallic paper, face mounted on glass and aluminum, 118 cm x 83 cm
– provoke a pre-reflective response from the viewer.
– political and social commentary demands from the spectator as a critique of the political and moral propaganda insidiously contained in these games, the hollow faces of his virtual casualties implore the viewer in a way that provokes the viewer to feel both pity and fear.
– photographs of Beijing residents wearing role-playing costumes. The project revisits the theme of her 2004 COSplayers film, which captured Chinese youth acting out anime fantasies
– Second Life, avatar artist
Duchamp’s ‘Nude Descending a Staircase’ in avatar/3d form
Another of Sieye’s avatars
– Works in both digital and traditional art media
– Works for SEGA (amongst others)
SEGA’s Viking, Skarin –
Completely done in Painter X and Photoshop CS3, no use of 3d
Turkish artist, uses video games as art mediums
graphic and illustration studies, book covers and local comics.