Archive for category Machinima
Grand Theft Love Song – 2010
Grand Theft Love Song is a machinima video work where the video game Grand Theft Auto IV: Liberty City was played in order to create specific movements that elicit a sense of contemporary dance. The game controller and video editing software are used to create a new kind of machinima choreography.
Untitled – 2o11
Suicide Solution –
more than fifty ‘first person shooters’ commit suicide, undermining not just the object of the game but also alluding to charged connotations around suicide (attacks).
independent video games development studio, located in Ghent, Belgium. The purpose of Tale of Tales is to create elegant and emotionally rich interactive entertainment.
The Endless Forest – 2005
online multiplayer game and social screensaver, a virtual place where you can play with your friends. When your computer goes to sleep you appear as a deer in this magical place. There are no goals to achieve or rules to follow. Just run through the forest and see what happens.
– Australian artist based in Paris
– his work exploits the elasticity and malleability of technologies such as video games, websites, photography and other media objects.
– Pailthorpe explores the cultural and political contexts that produce these ubiquitous technologies, teasing out hidden meanings and diverting intended uses
Brisbane based artist
‘Michael Jackson 4 Ways’
– one of a series of video art works… to critically and creatively consider how reality and simulated environments both construct and reconfigure our ideas about the nature of subjectivity and identity.
– The video work explores these through Sims 3
– creates conceptually challenging and surreal experiences to expand the parameters of new media, videogames and the moving image
– CuteXDoom: video-game mod that takes a violent shoot em up and converts it into a hyper- cute experience that explores popular culture and the obsession with kawaii culture