Archive for category Pixel Art
GameCity:Squared – 2009
Celebrating the 4th GameCity Festival in Nottingham (http://festival.gamecity.org/about) GameCity:Squared is Classic games re-imagined in just 15 Pixels
– an ultra-violent pixellated platformer modeled in the 8-bit style
– inspired by NES games, has the alluring super-pixellation blocks with a little more modern video game violence added in
LOVEGL by Glaznost – a digital psychedelic flash interactive experimental piece. Just turn on or off the 4 channerls and enjoy the bits.
– Veejay & graphician, uses amiga computers and gp2x handheld consoles
– Influenced by early demoscene, comics and computer design, his graphics mainly deal with 8bit experimental and scifi lowtech electro using vintage software tools to mix new edge abstraction and colorful dynamic graphics
– Also released printed fanzines and stickers including japanese robots gfx and videogame style illustrations
Annual Art Exhibition of the art of video game
– showcases the best concept artists in the industry
– held in California
– Artist & lecturer residing in London
– Pioneered the use of video game cartridges as an artistic medium and created the first hacked video game artworks
Super Abstract Brothers – hacked Super Mario Brothers. Characters and backgrounds were erased and replaced with abstract shapes/colours/patterns. An investigation of game aesthetics and human memory.